Press and Public Speaking
October 3, 2013: How to Talk to Property Owners, 3:30 – 5:00 pm, 2013 Oregon Main Street Conference, Astoria, Oregon.
October 4, 2013: Upstairs Downtown: Growing Up, Not Out with Todd Scott, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, 2013 Oregon Main Street Conference, Astoria, Oregon.
October 23, 2013, Parking Panel: When is Enough Enough?, 10:00 am – 11:30 am, 2013 Railvolution, Seattle, Washington.
Astoria, Oregon Findings and Recommendations Presentation
Compilation and Interviews from Tour with Downtown Tigard Stakeholders
Community building for commercial success, Coast River Business Journal.
Project at Burgerville site called gateway to downtown, The Columbian.
Energy and Passion Drive Astoria’s ADHDA, HIPFiSHmonthly.
Astoria: Become the ‘anti-mall’, Coast River Business Journal.
‘You have to become the anti-strip mall’, The Daily Astorian.
Gimres leaves big footprint in history, Hillsboro Tribune.
Strictly Business: Downtown Vancouver can regain its old glow, The Columbian.
VDA moving forward with civic identity in mind, Vancouver Business Journal.
Consultant gauges progress toward downtown revitalization, The Columbian.
How do you energize downtown Forest Grove?, Portland Tribune.
Walkers equal more sales per square foot, Coast River Business Journal.
Free forum for business and property owners provides inside track on successful downtowns, Coast River Business Journal.
Forest Grove set to ponder downtown, The Forest Grove News-Times.
Early jump on improvement in downtown Lake Oswego, Lake Oswego Review.
Downtown LO: Land of beige?, Portland Tribune.
Civilis issues report on revitalization, The Hillsboro Argus.
Improve downtown Gresham: More bikes, less beige among the ideas, The Oregonian.
Plans for revitalizing Fruit Valley continue, The Vancouver Business Journal.
Fruit Valley looks to build a ‘to-do’ list, The Columbian.
Launching a downtown revival, Lake Oswego Review.
Downtown Matters: Lessons From Hillsboro, 1000 Friends of Oregon.
Hillsboro leaders tour Portland district for revitalization tips, The Hillsboro Argus.
Keep the focus on Gresham revitalization, Gresham Outlook.
Dump the beige – Downtown Gresham needs color, Gresham Outlook.
Metro Program Aids Downtown Revitalization, Daily Journal of Commerce.
Urban Revitalization: Can Coffee Transform Downtown?, The Tigard Times.
The Decline of the Tacky Strip Mall, Oregon Business.
Fourth Plain: Journey or Destination?, The Columbian.
Tigard’s Main Street: ’Hard Work Is Done’, Portland Tribune.
Oregon City Merchants See Mixed Bag on Arch Bridge Closure, Portland Tribune.
What’s With Downtown Tigard?, The Tigard Times.
Real Estate Expert Shares Experience With Main Street OC, Oregon City News.
Small Projects Could Lead to Bigger Things for Downtown, The Columbian.
Revitalization Begins in Downtown Vancouver, The Daily Journal of Commerce.
Downtown Study Collaboration Key to Success, The Columbian.
Consultant Critiques Vancouver’s Downtown, The Columbian.
Mercury Debate Club: Gentrification, Portland Mercury.
Portland’s Hidden Neighborhood, Via Magazine.
Dos and Don’ts from those in the Know , Portland Mercury.
Mississippi Renaissance, Portland Business Journal.
SELECTED PREVIOUS PANEL AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Portland State University Urban Sustainability Accelerator Evolution of Downtowns and Adjacent Markets, Portland, OR, Summer 2013.
- Portland State University Urban Sustainability Accelerator Urban and Suburban Corridor Redevelopment, Portland, OR, Summer 2013.
- Society for College and University Planning Pacific Regional Conference Inclusive Growth: The Building Blocks of Great Places, Denver, CO, Spring 2013.
- International Council of Shopping Centers Alliance Program, Moderator: The Future of Retail, Portland, OR, Spring 2013.
- Railvolution, Panel: Managing Parking to Promote Livability, Conflict or Balance?, Los Angeles, CA, Fall 2012
- The Western Planner, Spurring Downtown Revitalization, Planning Really Does Matter, Billings, Montana, Summer of 2012
- International Council of Shopping Centers Alliance Program, Moderator: Retrofitting Suburbia. Portland, OR, Spring of 2012.
- Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce Economic Summit, Presenter: Identity, Authenticity & Economic Development. Persimmon Country Club, Fall of 2011.
- Oregon Economic Development Association Annual Conference, Keynote Speaker, Hallmark Resort, Newport, Oregon. Civic Identity, Branding, and Economic Development. Presented in the Fall of 2011.
- Pacific Intermountain Parking & Transportation Association Annual Conference, Vancouver Hilton, Washington. Downtown and Main Street Revitalization and the Role of Transportation and Parking. Presented in Vancouver Washington. Summer 2011.
- Association of Washington Cities Annual Conference, Civic Identity: The Power of Understanding and Leveraging Your City’s Story. Presented in Spokane Washington. Summer 2011.
- Portland Development Commission’s Neighborhood Economic Development Roundtable, Panelist in Portland, Oregon. 2010.
- Mayors’ Institute on City Design, Portland, Oregon. Summer 2009.
- International Downtown Association conference in Anchorage, Alaska, Everything you Need to Know about Retail. Spring 2007.
- National Trust for Historic Preservation, Seattle, Washington, Chains on Main, 2006.
- Get Centered Events Brownbag Discussion Series, Rejuvenating Main Street Retail, Portland, Oregon, 2006.